Monday, July 28, 2008

The short life of this blog

Ah, the fickle mind of the teacher on summer break. Do I spend my time blogging or do I spend my time creating lots of great memories and then trying to get some sleep to balance it out? This blog thing...it's created some drama for a few, and the drama has killed my drive to do it. One may then question, where was this drive coming from if it was so easily demolished by a couple of righteous, overly sensitive, guilty-feeling narcissists who don't want any ill feelings about them out in the public eye for scrutiny? Was I looking to defame them after all? Was I hoping for their humiliation?

I can assure you that I was not. I was looking to share my experiences, to express the frustration I felt about certain situations. I was hoping to lay the good and the bad out there, and watch myself grow stronger and more focused on the good over time. I have connected with a couple of other great, strong women going through interesting life transitions initiated by someone other than themselves, and this has been a good way to feel supported and understood by others in similar situations.

However, as I feel the anger and the angst in my life slipping away, the need to express myself in this format is dissipating. The responses to things written on-line can be taken so personally, and I've found myself amused by the legal steps taken by individuals who attempt to intimidate me because of what I write. There are upstanding professionals who believe in free speech until an unsavory word is spoken against them, at which point they run to the closest lawyer and tattle on the "mean lady at the keyboard" who dared speak against them.

I find myself less inspired to write, here. I will continue to write about the adventures of my children on their blog, if for nothing else than to record moments of their childhood for their own enjoyment, later. That blog needed to be privatized to protect the egos of others, which is just fine. Who is going to read it besides the people I invite to it, anyway, and even then it's mostly read by family who probably feel obligated.

So this particular blog may have been a short-lived one. I may rethink that at some point and pick it up again, but for now I'm going to say I'm signing off of the blog thing, and spending my energy on getting more sleep.

9 comments:

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

Are you crazy? You really like blogging. Don't let the world tell you who you are. Don't let anyone stiffle your grwoth and your creativity. You are atalented writer. You have a story to tell. One that resonates with a great many folks. You are not alone in your character attacks. Their insecurities and need to be seen in a positive light drives them...they know they would be shamed if the masses know what they were doing to you. But "They" are not hte reason you blog. You blog becasue you have something to say. You blog because you have valuable life lessons to share. Sure they can haul you into court...but are they willing to expose themselves for the bullshit artists that they are. Perhaps they are...but what does that have to do with you sharing your feelings. Don't let anyone run you off the playground. I certainly can have a ton of women come to your aid and support. Yes that is what I can do. Sound the alarm of support!

Hang in and don't quit!

Anonymous said...

Uh, uh. Noooooooooo!!! I agree with everything Babz said, but I tend to get just a tad more "bout it." This is my motto, I say it every day: DANG what the people say. Do YOU! Don't let your blogging exodous be because somebody else decided you run you out of your territory. Stand. Just stand. Like Babz said, we got you!!

Unknown said...

I think I missed something (or were some things edited?). At any rate, I hope you continue with your blog, if that's what feels right to you. I can see how some can drag the "fun" out of things, but I really hope this won't be the case. You really have a way with words. I enjoy your blog, not only for what you have to say, but how you say it.

Hang in there!! Love, Eydie

Sista GP said...

Hi, I'm new here by the way of LoveBabz.
I am a relatively new blogger and what I have discovered that it is for me and me only. As the person who got me started in all of this said, the more you write, the more you learn about yourself. And he was correct.
You have your own reasons for blogging. Don't quit because some unnamed folks can't handle seeing the truth in themselves. It doesn't matter if your purpose of blogging changes.

Only stop on your own terms.

Ms Smack said...

Oh, I think this blog may provide you with some therapeutic debriefing with strong, like-minded women and I know for one, I'd certainly encourage you to stay.

Any friend of Lovebabz, is a friend of mine.

You're a fantastic writer. I'd love to see you unlock your real potential more and more in this blog.

Love from Australia,
Miss Smack!

Lisa Johnson said...

I'm here via LoveBabz and just wanted to say "hi" and show you some support! Take care and I'm sure you'll do what you think is best. ; )

Babz Rawls Ivy said...

NOT GIVING UP ON YOU!

Trish said...

Thanks. On a much needed vacation and regrouping, right now.

alto artist said...

Also here via LoveBabz and sending my support, as well!

--aa.